Here's the last of my 2006 look-back postings. In no particular order:
• I'm Back, From the Alaska Wilderness [link]. A report (with pictures) on a ten-day wilderness backpacking trip above the Arctic Circle with my son and other Boy Scouts.
• Turn [Enron's Ken] Lay and [Jeff] Skilling Over to the Gates Foundation? [link]. They'd do more good living in tiny apartments and working for BillG and MelindaG than they would if they were simply rotting in prison. [After I posted this, Ken Lay died, and his conviction was subsequently vacated.]
• Stay Seated! [link]. A rant against obligatory standing ovations.
• Ritual [link]. The church needs a few more micro-rituals for family situations, especially somber occasions such as the death of a loved one.
• Sure, Jews and Muslims Can Celebrate Christmas [link]. There's no reason any worshipper of the Creator shouldn't celebrate the various good things he has wrought.
• A Reexaminer, Not a Reappraiser [link]. I propose a different name for so-called 'revisionists' (referred to as 'reappraisers' on Kendall Harmon's blog, TitusOneNine).